Our service objective is to reduce the impact of barriers for whanau and individuals to access health services, with the overreaching aim to improve the health outcomes of those living in Whangaroa. This role will involve developing fitness and community programmes, held in group settings that improve the well-being of the participant.
- Design and provide low impact fitness classes in a range of community settings including the Pa, Marae and other suitable locations.
- Assessing community exercise classes for suitability to improve strength, balance and flexibility.
- Complete client assessments and take baseline health measurements and dietary information.
- Create individualised exercise plans to meet specific needs.
- Monitoring, database entry and reporting.
- Providing support and training to community exercise class providers to meet specific criteria.
- Group classes prioritising those at risk, socially isolated, Māori and those with identified health and wellbeing needs.
What we are looking for:
WHST is looking for an individual who has a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the fitness industry or a related field, with group exercise and preferably train the trainer experience. You will be suitably trained and qualified professional to take baseline health measurements, record entry and exit clinical data.
You will need excellent relationship management skills, coupled with the ability to engage and influence a diverse range of people and organisations. community groups and older adults in community settings. Ideally, you will have experience working with or connection to Māori or Pacific communities. A thorough understanding of health and safety is also important and you will be comfortable presenting to groups, training others and providing feedback.
Please apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.